Week 5 - Ah shucks! I’m going to Nebraska!

 11 August 2021

¡Hola a todos!

This has been quite the week! I have so much to talk about. As you can probably tell by the subject, I have received my reassignment! (Sorry if the joke was a little corny.)  On Monday, the 16th, I will head out to the Nebraska Omaha Mission! I will be in this mission until Chile’s borders open and I can get there. I am super excited about this mission, for a few reasons, which I will cover in a minute.

This last weekend all my siblings came home to hang out and say goodbye to me. It was a blast. In between my MTC classes, we did all sorts of things, including ping pong, playing games, and making hand pies. I love my family.

My MTC classes are so great! I am so sad that I will leave my district behind very soon. They’re such great examples to me and I couldn’t ask for a better bunch to spend the last 6 weeks with. I love my teachers Hermano Espinosa and Hermano Figueroa, too. I have learned so much from them and I can’t imagine what it would be like without them.

Okay, now about Omaha. A few cool things: My Grandpa B spent some time in Omaha while on his mission in 1967-69. The Nebraska Omaha Mission covers parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, and Kansas. This includes the town of Hawarden, which is where my Grandpa Aldrich grew up. There are still some Aldrich relatives there, so maybe I’ll get the chance to meet some of them, who knows. I am so excited to serve somewhere with such meaningful connections, and I haven’t even been there yet. I guess some of the most phenomenal people have some sort of connection with Omaha, Nebraska, haha.

The MTC truly has been a testimony strengthening experience for me. I have never felt such a strong and constant spirit. I have learned so much in such a short time. I can’t wait for this next part as I make my way into the field. I’ll tell you all about it soon!

Elder Aldrich

Fotos:

1. The fam


2. The bros (minus Caleb, sorry)


3. The ping pong champion of the whole wide world.