Kittens and Conference

 4 October 2021

Hellooooo everybody!

It's been another great week out here in the land of corn! Here's what's new: Elder Eich got transferred to Omaha, so I'm in a duo! There are certainly things I'll miss about being in a trio, but 2 is a pretty nice number. Also, my buddy Elder Leavitt got to the mission this week! President Bailey must've known we would've had too much fun if they put us too close, so they put him all the way in South Dakota just to be safe. We're pretty much as far away from each other as possible, which is a real bummer.

This week we had a really interesting lesson. The person we were teaching, who has been pretty evasive previously, told us, "I'm ready to be baptized right now. I smoked my last cigarette this morning." Elder Smith just kinda looked at each other. We told her that we'd love to set her on date, but we have to know she's serious about keeping commitments before we can really do that. We're going to meet with her again on Wednesday, and hopefully if she's stayed committed to keeping the word of wisdom, we can give her a date to work towards.

This weekend was General Conference! I always heard growing up that General Conference as a missionary was like the Super Bowl. And those rumors are true. We didn't have any friends are ward members to watch it with, so Elder Smith and I, along with a bunch of other missionaries had a little watch party. We circled some chairs around a computer screen and cranked that volume up. It was so funny to watch everyone sit up straight and quiet down when President Nelson started talking. All the talks were so good and I can't pick a favorite. If you missed any of the sessions, you absolutely have to listen to every talk you missed!

I hope everyone has had an awesome week! As always, I appreciate all the emails I receive, I try my best to respond, but sometimes time gets away from me and p-day is over before I get to chance to reply to all of them.

Until next week,

Elder Aldrich

Foto: Never too allergic to cats to hold a kitten