Campus Pros, Smoke, and Steak

 18 October 2021

What's poppin' party people?!

It has been another incredible week out here in Lincoln, Nebraska. It's been super eventful and I have a TON to talk about.

On Wednesday we had exchanges with the zone leaders. I spent the day with Elder Hansgen (pronounced hen-shin). He's from Hurricane, Utah and has been out just over a year. The highlight of the exchange was street contacting! The ZLs' area covers UNL, so that's where we went. I was so nervous to go up to random college students and tell tell about the gospel. But it was so fun! We stopped probably 60-70 in an hour and a half. We got 15 numbers so we could set up times to talk, and taught 8 lessons about the Restoration of the gospel. Elder Hansgen told me that he had never seen someone so smoothly and so unawkwardly start of conversation about the gospel. That made me feel pretty cool, haha.

One absolutely wild story from this week is about our new friend, Ricky. We met him while we were knocking some doors of some members and we chatted for a bit. He wanted to talk more on Saturday so we swung by that night. We showed up and talked for like 2 hours on this nasty porch. It was covered in old cigarettes, empty beer bottles, and a whole bunch of trash. Ricky cooked up some steaks (which were actually so good) and gave us some root beer. We talked about his philosophy on life and his belief in God. The entire time he was drinking and smoking cigarettes as well as another substance. It was a really bizarre experience. We're gonna go fishing with him on Saturday to talk more.

It's been a really good week. It's helped that I've tried really hard to unapologetically be myself and do what I know to do. As I've relaxed a little bit and let myself not worry so much about the future, I've found it easier to focus on the Lord's work and to love the people here in Nebraska. I hope everyone reading this has an awesome week! Do good, do what you know, and unapologetically be yourselves!

¡Chao!,

Elder Aldrich

Fotos:

1. A cool sign for a little town in the middle of nowhere

2. We did a fun Plan of Salvation lesson with an awesome member family, the Seiferts 


3. Chillin' like a villain